1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are there any waterfowl breeders in Alabama

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by Tripp P, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Tripp P

Tripp P Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2012
    Near auburn alabama
    Im looking for some waterfowl for soon to be aviary

2. mckenzie

mckenzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Douglas, GA
    I know kangababy has some ring teal pairs and fulvous tree duck pairs available.

3. Mark HSV-AL

Mark HSV-AL Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    There are lots of waterfowl breeders that live in Alabama, some that have been breeding birds for over 30 years but very few that hang out on the BYC forums. Your best bet to get involved with waterfowl breeders would be to subscribe to the American Pheasant and Waterfowl Society, the forums at www.gbwf.org and the Alabama Farmers Bulletin and the International Wild Waterfowl Association (IWWA). I would reccomend the Game Bird Gazette but they hardly ever put out an issue anymore so are probably not worth your trouble. Just so you know, I live in Huntsville Alabama and raise most of the common species and a few of the hard to find species, Joe Mitchell lives in Albertville and has birds for sale, Kevin Dudley lives just south of Huntsville and raises birds as well as Karen (kangababy) who lives about 15 minutes from me in New Market. There is another guy named Chris Hutchens that lives in Birmingham and raises birds in Cullman as well as Lonnie Phillips who lives in Pell City, AL. Those are a few of the ones that I know of and would make a great weekend tour of their/our facilities. If you would like any suggestions or help then feel free to email me with your number and I can give you a call.
    Mark Hall
    Huntsville, AL
    [email protected]

4. Tripp P

Tripp P Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2012
    Near auburn alabama
    ok thanks
    do any of these breeders have web sites?

5. kangababy

kangababy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Alabama
    Thanks Mark!
    I think we are the only one with a site.

www.mhwaterfowlfarm.com

it is still a work in progress though.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by