Are there Mobile Chicken Processors?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by GwenM, Jan 2, 2014.

1. GwenM

GwenM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2013
    Lehigh County, PA
    I really would like to try raising meat bird, but I know I will not be able to process them myself, and my hubby has absolutely refused to help. So my question is, are there mobile chicken processors that will they come to my house? I have had no luck finding anything in my area. I am in North Eastern PA. Between Philly and Allentown. If anyone has any information I that would be awesome!! Thanks!!

2. Catfish267

Catfish267 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2012
    I Don't Remember
    yeah. I don't have any names but people in this area do process chickens for you. Most people around here charge $2.50 a bird. I would do it but i'm not that good at it and I don't own a plucker. If you want cheap chicks then buy from moyer's chicks in quakertown, you can pick up the chicks and save on shipping costs.

3. GwenM

GwenM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2013
    Lehigh County, PA
    I was looking at Moyers chicks since they are local for me. I will keep looking for someone that will process them. Maybe craigslist? Thanks again!

4. Google mobile chicken processors. I found one in PA called Badger's millside farm. http//millsidefarm.com, I don't know if that will help you at all.

5. Mahlzeit

Mahlzeit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Would be an interesting idea for some extra money but they would probably have to have a minimum amount of chickens you need ready for processing to make it worth it. You can't really charge to much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by