Are these 2 roosters favorelle/silkie crosses?

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
What breed(s) do y'all think these 2 boys have in them? They're brothers that were rescued from a neighborhood. They definitely must have favorelle in them. They have the 5 toes. 1 has a little beard. 1 has pink legs like a favorelle and the other has grey legs so I'm thinking maybe mixed with silkie since one has a little mohawk? They're bantam sized. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• InCollage_20230413_135848547.jpg
    InCollage_20230413_135848547.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 15
It they had silkie in they would have different combs.
Let me have a think (and play around with the genetics calculator) and I’ll get back to you.

Also, more photos should help, of the sides and the legs

Last edited:
They both look like the non faverolles parent was gold, but look like they had different parents. One is birchen (black wing feathers), so I’m guessing copper marans, that’s why the legs have grey in. The other is duckwing or wheaten, I assume not pure wheaten as there is a lot of black in the hackles, so maybe a welsummer or brown leghorn. Are you sure they have faveroles in, or are you assuming that from the colour?

I can’t work out why one has a crest. Do you have any hens from the same hatch?

They're very mixed breeds. There was Silkie somewhere in their background, probably, and maybe Faverolles, too. Don't forget that Silkies have 5 toes, not just Faverolles, Dorkings and Houdans.

They both look like the non faverolles parent was gold, but look like they had different parents. One is birchen (black wing feathers), so I’m guessing copper marans, that’s why the legs have grey in. The other is duckwing or wheaten, I assume not pure wheaten as there is a lot of black in the hackles, so maybe a welsummer or brown leghorn. Are you sure they have faveroles in, or are you assuming that from the colour?

I can’t work out why one has a crest. Do you have any hens from the same hatch?
I'm just assuming favorelle is in their due to the light pink legs on one, feathered feet, the beard on one of them and the 5 toes. 🤷🏼‍♀️ The one without the crest looks just like a favorelle bantam I had a couple years ago. They were rescued from a neighborhood so I have no idea on their background.

I'm just assuming favorelle is in their due to the light pink legs on one, feathered feet, the beard on one of them and the 5 toes. 🤷🏼‍♀️ The one without the crest looks just like a favorelle bantam I had a couple years ago. They were rescued from a neighborhood so I have no idea on their background.
Ah yes the beards. Forgot about those, faverolles must be right. Maybe (and this is a maybe) he could be a faverolles cross a marans/legbar cross. But it’s unlikely that someone has all those in bantams and crossed them in that order, unless they just had a mixed flock. That way, they could both be from the same parents too.

Sorry this isn’t much help, but it’s a difficult one because I can’t think of a crested pure breed that would produce a single/standard comb as well as this pattern.

Back
Top Bottom