Are these a Khaki Campbell and a Cayuga?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RM44, May 11, 2010.

1. RM44

RM44 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    Woodstock, Georgia
    TSC "chick days" ducklings. Of course they didn't know what kind they were. We picked one of each. We know the white is a Pekin, but is the brown a khaki campbell and the black a cayuga?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nursesammy

nursesammy Songster

Mar 21, 2010
    Alta Vista , KS
    I have a cayuga right now thats alittle over 2 weeks and mine looks just like yours. So id say yes cayuga on the black one. Mines much nicer than my pekins were at that age. As for the other i dont know. I only have experience with the pekin and cayuga.

3. nursesammy

nursesammy Songster

Mar 21, 2010
    Alta Vista , KS
    Ok im back. I asked my friend who has some KC's she looked and says yes. More than likely its a khaki. But she said it also looks like he chocolate runners did as first. But judging from hieght shes sticking with the khaki campbell.

4. callducklover20

callducklover20 Songster

May 5, 2010
    Bonner Springs, KS
    I have a khaki and caguya and I would say that exactly what they are-I love both breds, so sweet. I wish everyone that sold stuff knew what they are and what they are talking about, got so much bad info in the past-thank goodness for BYCers

5. callducklover20

callducklover20 Songster

May 5, 2010
    Bonner Springs, KS
    oh yeah if the cayuga has any white on its chest/neck then its suppose to be a female, all black is male

6. RM44

RM44 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Thanks all. I'm hoping for many females. Both the cayuga and the khaki are quaking at 5 weeks old. The Pekin is just wheezing/rasping. If our internet research is correct, that would mean the cayuga and khaki are girls; right?

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Songster

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Yeah, pretty much... the females go "quack quack", and the drakes make a whispery "wah-wah" "wah-wah" noise.

8. maralynn28

maralynn28 Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    looks right to me! Congrats on your cuties!

9. Quote:OH thank you! I just got my 2 duckies out of the brooder/trailer, and they started running around, and the all black one (thought it was the cayuga) walks all standing up, and the black and white one (thought it was a runner) walks NORMAL. so i was very confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by