Are these all GIRLS!?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kerriejo13, May 12, 2010.

1. kerriejo13

kerriejo13 Hatching

Mar 7, 2010
    These are my 7 week old babies. Do they look like girls to you guys? My first time as a chicken mom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010

2. fastpat

fastpat Songster

The photos didn't make it to your post.

3. kerriejo13

kerriejo13 Hatching

Mar 7, 2010
    I'm having a REALLY hard time getting my photos here. I've uploaded them, but can't figure out how to get them on my post. anybody have a suggestion. (i'm also have very little computer skills.

4. fastpat

fastpat Songster

Quote:Here's the instructions to embed photos for this forum.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. kerriejo13

kerriejo13 Hatching

Mar 7, 2010
    thank you so much , please be patient

6. fastpat

fastpat Songster

I'd say that the chicks in photos 1, 2, 4, & 5 are definitely pullets, can't be sure about photo 3. What breed is that?

7. kerriejo13

kerriejo13 Hatching

Mar 7, 2010
    I question #3 also. She (?) just started getting those puffy feathers around the face and neck about a week ago. She was purchased as an "americana", but I'm told they're also called EE's.

8. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Songster

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    They all look like girls to me. But I have only been at this for three years now. I have been right with my flock at that age.
    Have fun and welcome to the coop.[​IMG]

9. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Songster

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:If you got her at a feed store they do lable them as "americana" but we call them EE's too.

10. fastpat

fastpat Songster

Quote:Pure bred Araucana's have those head tufts and no tail at all, looks like yours has a lot of Araucana blood in it. I think the reason many people don't keep Araucanas is because their egg production is something like 2-3 per week, while a Araucana cross can produce colored eggs at a much higher rate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by