1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are these all roos?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by naturemom, May 30, 2007.

1. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    I posted these pics yesterday in the What Breed is This? forum, and haven't gotten any replies, but I thought I'd post here too, because I'm starting to think all but one are cockerels! I think chip (the one that seems to be a RIR) is a girl, but I'm getting a bit worried about the rest. Of course it doesn't help that they are all different breeds, but is there any hope of a chick being a pullet when it has such a large, pink comb already at 3 weeks?
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7234

2. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    I think Looby and Mr. Snuffles look like roosters but it's WAAAAY to early to be able to tell you that. You gotta be patient! I had to wait till my chicks were about 8 or 9 weeks old 'til I could say for sure.

3. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    yea, I know it's too early. I'm just hoping I can figure them out before they outgrow their current brooder. We have to move before I can put them out in a coop. I'm only planning to keep 3-4 max, so I'm hoping that in the next few weeks I can decide which ones to keep and send the rest to their new home. Or I'll make a bigger brooder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by