Are these Americauna chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cagwin512, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Cagwin512

Cagwin512 New Egg

Jun 6, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    Was sold these chickens at a local feed store, but seen that a lot of people think they have this breed of chicken but turns out something else.
    What breed are these chickens?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Americauna isn't a breed. Unless the person misspelled the word, that always equals Easter Egger.

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

4. Cagwin512

Cagwin512 New Egg

Jun 6, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    Sorry the spelling was my mistake. It takes a bit to remember how to exactly spell it Lol.
    These 5 are our first chickens, ever...so I'm not familiar with all the breeds. I do know 1 is laying eggs and always a blue egg.
    I recently bought 12 fertilized eggs that are currently day 3 in the incubator from a farm that are claimed pure breed and the same blue egg color as the egg my chicken lays

5. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    I had a lot of trouble, also, when I first looked at getting chicks, because all the hatcheries mixed the names Easter Egger, Ameraucana and Araucana. They are 3 different breeds.

Yours seem to be Easter Eggers because their legs are green. Also, they're multicolored. There are white Ameraucana, but not white/red.

Did the farm who sold you the eggs tell you what color the birds would be? There are only 8 purebred colors, and any breeder who has spent time and $$ on their birds can tell you the color.

Here's the Ameraucana Breeders website, with pictures of each color male and female.

http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

6. Cagwin512

Cagwin512 New Egg

Jun 6, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    The chicken that is laying the eggs everyday looks identical as the white Ameraucana posted in the link.

7. Cagwin512

Cagwin512 New Egg

Jun 6, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    She said they are wheaten ameraucanas, but could have a possible chance of a Blue ameraucana rooster fertilizing some of the eggs they had.

8. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    You mean the eggs that are in your incubator?

9. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    What color are their legs?

The "wheaten" ones are Easter Eggers, so I would guess the white is, too. They are the wrong color to be wheaten--way too red. Also they should have black in their tails, and they shouldn't have that blue on their heads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by