are these ayam cemani?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by azamazal, Jun 5, 2012.

1. azamazal

azamazal In the Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

This guy on ebay is selling 2 eggs for $39 = $15 shipping -or-
    4 eggs for $59 -or- 6 eggs for $79. He sold some already, and I just hate to see people getting ripped off. It's just, they aren't all black. They don't look anything like the birds on feathersite. I know people on here are very knowledgeble, maybe I'm wrong & these are purebred. Please let me know, thanks.

2. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chirping

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    i dont think those are ayam cemanis

3. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I agree. They may have some of that breed in them, but they definitely are NOT purebred Ayam Cemanis. The of the most deeply prized aspects about that breed is that they are all black, down to the skin. That rooster's comb and feathers are red, the hens have various browns, golds and reds, and it's all-around a bit of a mess.

4. azamazal

azamazal In the Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    That's what i was thinking. I contacted him stating they did not look like true ayam cemani due to their coloration, and gave him the feathersite link and his response was "not true, however, thanks."

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

5. Forril

Forril In the Brooder

Apr 4, 2012
    I think these are birds of the Luikse Vechters breed. Pretty birds!

6. AmyLM

AmyLM Songster

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    those aren't even close! they may have some mixed in them but clearly not as advertised. If I spent THAT much on an egg it had better be what is claimed so I would be REALLY mad if I was the purchaser.... you might want to report that guy to ebay... because those aren't right.

7. TheNuttyChick

TheNuttyChick Songster

May 20, 2012
    CT
    [​IMG]
    I saw those too and was curious about the red in them.

8. Forril

Forril In the Brooder

Apr 4, 2012
    [​IMG]
    These are some of mine Cemanis. Please check ayamcemani.tumblr.com for more pictures of Cemanis.

9. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Those birds are definetly not purebred. Send the guy a picture of a real Cemani. (Just make sure he doesn't use it) Whatever they are, theyre pretty... Just not Cemani.

10. rudi

rudi Hatching

Dec 26, 2011
    i am from belgium and i have a whole flock for sale 3 rooster en 6 hens and 5 chicks[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: