Are these Belgian D Anver's?

Momma2three

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
What color would you classify them as? Thanks for your help!!

Also, how much could I expect to sell these for? Thanks!!

juliechick

Transplanted Hillbilly
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Southeast AR
Quail Belgian d'Anvers. As far as their value: they are not show quality, so their value would be whatever folks pay for pet quality roosters in your area.

Last edited:

mama24

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
GSO, NC
They're cute! Around here, people sell hatchery/pet quality roosters for $5-10. I sold my bantam roos for $5 ea, b/c I think most large fowl roos go for eating, so you can get a little more, but getting rid of "pet" roosters is WAY harder!

Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
Yep, Quail d'Anvers.

I a lways wondered what people meant by Quail D'Anvers? Mixed breed?
Nope, just a color. I've never been sure why it's called quail, but it is. A pretty color too.
smile.png

chicken boy sam

Songster
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
Those are most definitely quail d'anver roosters. They look to be very poor show quality, so I wouldn't expect them to be sold for more than 5 dollars... The quail color derives from coturnix quail (The average colored ones). They are the most popular color and I believe the only breed with this color/variety...

Backwoods Bntms

Songster
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Northern Virginia
Those are most definitely quail d'anver roosters. They look to be very poor show quality, so I wouldn't expect them to be sold for more than 5 dollars... The quail color derives from coturnix quail (The average colored ones). They are the most popular color and I believe the only breed with this color/variety...

I have seen quail OEGBs.

jj

Top Bottom