Are these Belgian D Anver's?

Momma2three

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
What color would you classify them as? Thanks for your help!!

Also, how much could I expect to sell these for? Thanks!!

Quail Belgian d'Anvers. As far as their value: they are not show quality, so their value would be whatever folks pay for pet quality roosters in your area.

Last edited:
They're cute! Around here, people sell hatchery/pet quality roosters for $5-10. I sold my bantam roos for $5 ea, b/c I think most large fowl roos go for eating, so you can get a little more, but getting rid of "pet" roosters is WAY harder!

Yep, Quail d'Anvers.

I a lways wondered what people meant by Quail D'Anvers? Mixed breed?
Nope, just a color. I've never been sure why it's called quail, but it is. A pretty color too.
smile.png

Those are most definitely quail d'anver roosters. They look to be very poor show quality, so I wouldn't expect them to be sold for more than 5 dollars... The quail color derives from coturnix quail (The average colored ones). They are the most popular color and I believe the only breed with this color/variety...

Those are most definitely quail d'anver roosters. They look to be very poor show quality, so I wouldn't expect them to be sold for more than 5 dollars... The quail color derives from coturnix quail (The average colored ones). They are the most popular color and I believe the only breed with this color/variety...

I have seen quail OEGBs.

jj

Back
Top Bottom