Are these both gaming birds?

mycutekitties

Songster
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
Modesto, California
I don't raise these kind of birds and I am going to cull or sale them but I need to know what they are. Are they even the same breed?
Here is the hen:
92824bee.jpg

And the rooster:
the_boss.jpg

I think that the rooster definitely is a game mix. He has the white fluff at the back of the saddles and a little white in his tail but the yellow legs could maybe Leghorn maybe. She could be mixed to I cant tell really well fron the photo but looks like it sets high and straight like game and she has slate colored legs.

Based on my eyes and experience with the breed, it is my opinion that these are two very lovely examples of American Gamefowl. They are both quite handsome (especially the roo). The hen may be mixed but all I can see in the rooster is a bloodline that is most likely made up of The Kelso Bloodline (for the most part)

This is a Kelso Rooster:

images

The hen is most likely a mixture of a brown red color type (BR Agf or Hulsey) and a Silver Duckwing American gamefowl bloodline (Likely speeder). She may have another breed mixed in but if so, it is very little.

Here is a BR AGF Hen:

images

Here is a Hulsey Hen:

images

The breed is very hardy, quite and easily handled. They are descended from Sumatra, Aseel, And OEG bloodlines and are a true American breed. They are highly broody so be prepared for chicks come spring. They have even been known to brood in the dead of winter. The ,ales are highly aggressive. They were bred to fight and the bloodlines that are most prized are renowned for being "until-death" fighters....so keep roosters separate.

Check out this site for more information:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/BRKAmerGame.html

enjoy those lovely birds!

Tim in Ky

Back
Top Bottom