1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are these brahma packing peanuts considered light brahmas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Buster, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Ok, I got 5 packing peanuts in my Ideal order. I am positive that they are all cockerels not just because they were packing peanuts, but because they spend all day bumping chests with each other, which is absolutely hilarious. I am just curious what kind they are. I am fairly sure they are Cochins but don't know what color variety. They have feathered legs and they are as big as all of my standard chicks that are the same age, which is 8 weeks old by the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Look like Brahmas to me [​IMG] Do they have feathered legs?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:This morning after I took the pics I got to thinking that they might be, but when I checked Ideal's website, they only sell bantam brahmas. These cockerels are the same size as my standard ameraucanas, marans, buff orps, and rlw cornish that I ordered, so I don't think they are bantams so they can't be brahmas. (at least according to my reasoning).

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Yes they have feathered legs.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They look like brahmas to me.

6. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    They sell them. Go to "Standard Poultry", then go down to "Standard Brahma". [​IMG]

7. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    They sure do look like my Brahmas. Plenty big enough to be standards too.

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Thanks. Going to look now.

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Aha! You are correct! Thanks. I was looking at them this morning and started thinking Brahma, but never could find it on Ideal's sight because they put Standard in front of it. Sounds silly I know, but it made it so I couldn't find it. So I am guessing that these are light Brahma cockerels?

10. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    Packing peanuts? [​IMG] Oh, I get it!! Very nice looking "packing peanuts" you got there!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by