Are these Cayuga Ducks show quality?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by quack_addict, Sep 25, 2018.

1. quack_addict

quack_addict Hatching

Sep 25, 2018
    Hello! I am new to breeding ducks, and looking for some information on Cayuga breed standards. I have read over the breed standard for Cayuga ducks, however I don't have an eye yet for telling whether or not my birds fit that standard well. I am considering entering them in a show next month, and would like some options on how well they fit the description.

I have 3 ducks and 1 drake. My drake and one of the girls has a weird feather or two underneath their black ones that is a grey/white colour. You can only see it when they move their feathers in the right way (as can be seen in the third image below). I know white spots is a fault for the drakes especially, but I'm not sure if this is the same since its underneath and only 2 feathers.

Otherwise they have a nice green sheen, sometimes they look a little blue in the sun. They have black beaks and feet. However I am not sure about the shape of their bodies, neck, how they carry themselves, etc.

Any options are appreciated, thank you very much for your insights!
    4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs I Live in The Cuckoo's Nest

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Welcome. I guess no one knows, or they haven't seen your post. They definitely are gorgeous, but I don't know if they are good quality or not unfortunately.

3. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

If from a hatchery then not show quality.

oldhenlikesdogs likes this.
  4. quack_addict

quack_addict Hatching

Sep 25, 2018
    Okay thank you!

And no they are not from a hatchery aha

Miss Lydia and casportpony like this.
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Miss Lydia likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: