Are these chickens some what show quality?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MillersFarm, Mar 15, 2017.

1. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Hi there! my daughter had just joined a 4-H club and she really wants to show her three favorite chickens and i was wondering if there not too bad-looking, a wyandotte, light brahma, and a little white crested black polish hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is barb and shes about 14 months old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The fluff master , shes now 12 months old

[​IMG]
    and Beverly 12 months old (will get more pics of her)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    With 4H showing, what the bird looks like doesn't really matter. It's not the bird that is being judged. I've seen Wyandottes entered as Barred Rocks and they won. That said, the Polish is the one with the fewest number of obvious faults, and the Brahma has the most faults.

3. givengrove

givengrove Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2017
    Missouri
    The first silver laced is gorgeous! But personally I don't like rose combs but others might. They are well kept! Clean!
    The light brahma is very nice, a little spotty on the top but that's alright.
    Your Polish is very clean and impressive, the afro spotting is a little off key but gorgeous anyway, the "hair" is very spherical which is perfect for show!

4. MillersFarm

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    I'd figure, Thanks for the info anyways!

5. MillersFarm

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Thanks! and i just love the lil' polish hen as well, my daughter is very excited to show them Thank you for the great info

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    For 4-H they'll be fine. They are basically the same quality everyone else is going to be showing. the important thing is she has fun and learns about her birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by