Are these chicks Old English Game Bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sweeterdeeter42, Mar 25, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Are these chicks all OEGB's? They all looked the same under the red light except the grey one, but now that they are home and under a white light I can see a difference in their colors. I think they are OEGB's but what colors are they if they are? And if you dont think they are OEGB's, let me know what you think they are. Thanks!

#1 greyish
    [​IMG]

#2 a dark golden
    [​IMG]

#3 a light tan
    [​IMG]

#4 a lighter tan with an almost grey tone to it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. looptloop

looptloop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Pilot Hill, CA
    OEGB? Trying to figure out what that stands for....

I don't know about the greyish one, but the other 3 look chipmonky to me... EE's?

3. looptloop

looptloop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Pilot Hill, CA
    Nah, I take that back, since my leghorn was also chipmonkey looking.... I don't know but they are adorable!!

4. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:LOL, old english game bantams. Ill edit my title, maybe i will get more responses.

5. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    They could be OEGBs or Dutch bantams. They are super cute!

6. I have one that looks identical to #2. My guess is OEGB but that is a guess as I have never had one before. The "chipmonkey" pattern is common with some EE's but these appear to be much to small of a chick. Again just a GUESS. As I am guessing on mine also. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65954_dsc_0238.jpg

7. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Well, I think #2 is a golden duckwing OEGB and #4 is a silver duckwing OEGB. I dont know about the other two. #3 could be a silver duckwing oegb, but she is more tan than #4 but not gold like #2. I just looked them up on cackles website since they have pretty good pictures of adults as well as chicks, and I am pretty sure about 2 and 4.

8. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    OMG SO CUTE! #2 looks just like my bebe. Don't know what mine is for sure, been told OEGB, EE & the local hatchery told me it's a BBRed. So who knows lol. Here's mine when she/he was about 2 wks old...

[​IMG]

I'm no expert but I do think you have Game Bantams of some sort. I'm sure a real expert will chime in. There is a thread for OEGB parents, they can prob help you:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5935792

9. miohippus

miohippus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    no. 2 looks a lot like my black breasted red OEGB did when she was a chik

10. cgmaster

cgmaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    Thatcher,AZ
    What did these end up being? I have so!e chicks similar to these right now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by