are these chicks really get slipped tendon or curled toe and legs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nizar, Sep 19, 2011.

1. nizar

nizar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    I hope we could help these chicks
    know I have three chicky get it even Brahama gets it, I thought brahama is so tough . there is no swollen in hock, no pain.but my cochins and seilike look healthy

their disease's symptoms are :-

my chicks are about 5 weeks, low growing breed, most of them are mixed , brahama + sussex , brahama+ rhoad- irland ..........
    I give them soya- beans ,bread, oaths,Celery, mixed cereal , milding wheat , bird cereal ,ect ..multivit

1- at first day like to site down most of time and it seems standing for a long time hurt them.
    2- second day they walk but sometime in back of knee and sometime right.
    3- third day they don't use their toes of both foot and walk on their knees.
    4- they drink, eat and even walk a little all the time the same level before they are sick.
    5- they can't walk for a long distance.seems hurt them.
    6- no swollen or red spot their legs look totaly healthy.
    7- when you try to bring their toes to the right place seems there is no pain.
    [​IMG]

most of these chicks growing so fast comparing to their breed growing.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Any reason you don't give them chick feed? Could be a vitamin deficiency. I'll bump the thread.

3. nizar

nizar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    the brown chicks in the left is brahama but no feathers on their lack, after I feed him multivitamin and scrambled eggs and more bit vitamin B, he is recovering little bite.

4. nizar

nizar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    the brown chicks in the right is brahama but no feathers on their legs, after I feed him multivitamin and scrambled eggs and more bit vitamin B, he is recovering little bite.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by