Are these Cornish Hens?

iamthemandy

In the Brooder
Jan 6, 2016
One has a small comb compared to the other. Their feet are super thick. The top one who is larger is white, where the bottom bird is a shiny silky white bird.

Thanks in advance!

welcome-byc.gif

Nope, I don't think so. The top looks like a white Rock hen who has dirty feathers? Not sure what the second bird is, is that it's coloring or is it also dirty? The loose feathering makes me think Orpington, but it looks to have yellow skin so that's not right. If it has partially feathered legs it could be a Cochin mix.

They are dirty. They got pooped on on the roost and I didn't have time to wash them up. They both are completely white. The second smaller hen has a white sheen to the feathers. I've never seen it before. She is like one of those super soft fleece blankets. No feathers on legs. She is just short. I would say the legs are more orange then yellow. My photos suck. I'll take more this evening and post. I'm stumped.

We have an animal rescue. Dogs, cats, chickens and ducks. I've just never seen these two breeds before. Here are some better photos of the small hen. You can see the sheen to her feathers better. Her feet are very plump.

The one leg isn't swollen. It is just closer to the camera. They are and have always been thick legs. Here is the bird while we had it inside, showing the legs and full size.

Back
Top Bottom