Are these developing right? day 6 pics attached

SkyeAus

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2015
GERALDTON, WA
These were put in the Bator on friday afternoon so I *think* that makes them day 6?
Sorry I'm new to this so please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Day 1 is after a full 24 hours of incubation. So if you set on a Friday afternoon day 1 would be Saturday afternoon, day 2 would be Sunday afternoon, day 3 would be Monday afternoon and so forth.

I think I see veins in your egg but the pic is not that clear. Can you see veins in the egg?? If so then the egg is viable and developing.

Also, sometimes it helps to candle the eggs from the fat end down. You can hold the light right over the air cell and then gently move it a little to each side. I see the most when I candle this way.

They have veins, and a black dot. There's one brown egg though and I can't tell with that one. I've got some I put in on the 26th also, they all have veins too!! Hopefully I get at least one hatch lol, I'm using a really old incubator. The temp on the instructions says they should be at 103° that's not right though is it?

They have veins, and a black dot. There's one brown egg though and I can't tell with that one. I've got some I put in on the 26th also, they all have veins too!! Hopefully I get at least one hatch lol, I'm using a really old incubator. The temp on the instructions says they should be at 103° that's not right though is it? 

That egg looks good. You need to candle in a darker room. Try doing it after dark, it makes a huge difference. 103 is to warm. If it's a still air stick to 101 - 102, but that all depends on where the thermometers are in the incubator, and at what level they are reading the temperature. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom