Are these eggs fertile

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Lucas S, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lucas S

Lucas S New Egg

Oct 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are these eggs fertile the broken one has a white spot but not seen in the picture there is a bullseye th unbroken 1 is at day 22 and it seems the blob is bigger and there is an air sac

I have a drake was them mate and don't see why they wouldn't be fertile

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i am not real good at this but your egg at 22 days does not look good. when you turn it does the blob turn too? if so that would be the yolk. they will all get an air sack . the egg you broke does not look fertile to me but you say there is a ring around the white spot that usually means it is fertile. there is a water test for embryo but i dont know it.

3. Lucas S

Lucas S New Egg

Oct 27, 2013
    Yea here is the ring if u notce
    [​IMG]

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    my eyes cant see that, it should be a white spot, yellow yolk then white circle. you bout need a magnifier . or i do anyhow.

5. Lucas S

Lucas S New Egg

Oct 27, 2013
    Yea,the contrast of the picture isn't.good it's a bullseye with a white spot in the middle. The one on the top unbroken I think they cooked at 112 degrees over night on accident

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    not a fertility problem then [​IMG]

7. Lucas S

Lucas S New Egg

Oct 27, 2013
    Ahh so she has some more and I herd there good for 2 weeks untile the incubation proses has started so t
    She has day old ones I'll give it another try I think I made hard boiled eggs

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you can store the eggs for 7-10 days before the fertility starts dropping. put them in a cool closet with the little end down and shift them a little side to side twice a day 50-55 degrees is good storage until incubation. good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by