Are these eggs fertilized??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bryam, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Bryam

Bryam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    [​IMG]Hello!
    I was just wondering if my roaster is doing his job! Please let me know! The white spot is located in the bottom left side of the yolk! From what I can read it looks like a bullseye to me!

Any advice on how and how long I can store silkie eggs! What humidity is best?

Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  2. shannondee12

shannondee12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Left Hand, WV
    Looks fertile to me

3. Farmer Viola

Farmer Viola Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Earth
    fertile!

storing eggs: 65-76 degrees 50%ish humidity
    I believe they start to lose hatching viability around day 7-10? store them in cartons with the big end up

edit: you might also want to rotate them (lean them) while they are being stored before hatching. I usually just prop the whole carton on 1 side to lean them all at once. this is so the yolk doens't stick to the egg. you will also rotate them during incubation :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  4. Bryam

Bryam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Omg!!! I thought they were fertile!!! Lol, she is not laying regularly? Is that normal? She laid like 3 eggs every second day and now she has stopped! I guess she will lay when she wants too!

5. shannondee12

shannondee12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Left Hand, WV
    this time of year, most breeds slow down or stop all together due to the shorter daylight hours. Unless you provide artificial light to equal 14 hours a day, she will slow/stop till spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by