1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are these eggs fertilized

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JonathanL23, Mar 20, 2015.

1. JonathanL23

JonathanL23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2014
    So i have a male who is mating 3 female ducks i know one for sure, when i go out in the morning to check for chicken eggs theres always a duck egg on the floor im guessing she not ready or smart enough yet to make a nest. so instead of letting the egg go to waste i feed it to a dog , but i always look at it first and the last few times ill notice even with a few chicken eggs theres a white spot in the middle of the yolk does this mean its fertilized.

2. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    There is always a white spot regardless. It is called the blastodisc. If it is shaped like a bulls eye the egg is fertile. You can google photos to see what it looks like.

3. JonathanL23

JonathanL23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2014
    it is theres a white circle then a brighter white dot in the middle

4. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    can you post a clear photo of the white spot?

5. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Most ducks don't use nesting boxes and unless the duck is going broody she won't make a nest, so to speak. Pics of the eggs would be helpful but you are looking for a bullseye.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by