Are these eggs still ok?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Laney3535, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Laney3535

Laney3535 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Oregon
    So I have a hen that decided to go broody about 16 days ago... She had a batch of eggs she was sitting and the nest was tilted so when she moved they all rolled out and broke at day 6.... So I made her a new box and gave her 8 eggs to hatch so we are now on day 9 or 10! They are definitally developing except for 1 that was obviously never fertilized and 2 that's shells are too thick and dark to see anything at all, no light shines through.... But I candled a white egg of mine and I could see movement! It was amazing! But I'm going to post am some pictures of eggs im pretty sure are still alive and developing and one that is questionable to me.

Alive:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Questionable (both same egg):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Laney3535

Laney3535 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Oregon
    The questionable egg has veins my camera didn't want to pick them up... All the eggs had lots of nice healthy looking veins

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you joined the flock. Congratulations on your eggs pleased to hear they all have veins and are developing well. Keep us posted on your progress and be sure to ask any questions you may have everyone very friendly and we are all here to help :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by