Are these eggs??

jgcalifornia

Songster
7 Years
Sep 18, 2012
I am currently treating my white leghorn with what we think is lice..
I came across these on her feathers. They have a shimmer glittery sparkle to them.
Are they eggs of some sort?

Thanks for any help!

This is what we believe is the lice.

Not sure why they sparkle, but they look like lice eggs to me. Lice eggs are laid in rows along a single strand. Looks like a pretty severe infestation. I would treat every chicken, dog, cat, parrot hamster, and child that I had!! Again... EEEEWWW!! I have to go shower now and wash my hair, man this post is makin' me itch!!
sickbyc.gif

Everything I read and saw about lice eggs looked more like clusters at the base of the feather.
These are more like scattered throughout the fluff of the feather..
Either way, they have all gotten sprayed with The Poultry Protector and its definitely working.

Sorry to make you itch..I'm sure you have seen worse..I wont show you the pics of the serious EEEEWWWWWWW when one of my girls had worms last week that looked like spaghetti.
It's been a rough couple weeks for them.

Ya, I read that post, a few times..
I have not been able to find something that resembles this. They aren't clusters like a lot of the images on that site show.
These have a glimmering shimmer to them and scattered throughout the feather.

Thanks for the info.

I am currently treating my white leghorn with what we think is lice..
I came across these on her feathers. They have a shimmer glittery sparkle to them.
Are they eggs of some sort?

Thanks for any help!

This is what we believe is the lice.
Ok, first of all. Ew. Second, yes those are lice and third: A while back I found these weird clusters of sand-like dust around the base of the feathers near the vent. Does anyone know what these were? we assumed they were mites and treated them and the chickens didn't seem bothered but I am confused as to what they were...

Ok, first of all. Ew. Second, yes those are lice and third: A while back I found these weird clusters of sand-like dust around the base of the feathers near the vent. Does anyone know what these were? we assumed they were mites and treated them and the chickens didn't seem bothered but I am confused as to what they were...

Was anything moving?? Possible it was after a dirt bath?

Back
Top Bottom