are these even good ????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlueBirdChick, Aug 31, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG][/img] I dont see anything. [​IMG] and it looks like it has alot of empty space inside should i toss it? its day 11 .
    [​IMG][/img] now this one has life for sure..
    [​IMG][/img] the third one its hard to tell there looks like there is but its so hard.

My quail eggs all three have babies for sure. sorry about the pics not the greatest.
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Songster

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Looks like #2 has a blood ring and it is dead. The 1st and 3rd one never developed at all so probably wasn't fertilized to start with. Sorry!

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Songster

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am sorry... it looks like egg 1 and 3 are clear for sure.

I thought 2 had a blood ring too, but maybe wait on it for a few more days at least. Sometimes it is hard to tell in pictures. Did you see a chick moving?

4. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    number two thats not a blood ring thats the actual baby.. yeah its been moving....

5. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG] yeah its been moving but im not gonna give up on bantam number two though... its just gotta be okay though. its only day 11 so theres still time though. its okay im not very happy with the person that sent my those eggs. she guarnteed that they would all hatch.. Not sure what to do then..

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I always say, if you're not 100% sure, give it another day or so.......I hate to judge from a photo, but I'd say #1 & 3 are empty, and #2 could possibly have a blood ring and dead embryo......

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:How could ANYone guarantee shipped eggs will hatch???

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:How could ANYone guarantee shipped eggs will hatch???

Yeah. [​IMG]

9. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    yeah i cracked open 1 and three and nothing kinda gross I was holding my breath. Yeah number two Ill give it tell lock down kinda sucks.. [​IMG] Im not mad but Im upset though but thats normal . I dont blame the person who sold me the eggs. I think next time Ill get them from a hatchery instead of off EBAY...

I might try again. Hey at least I have my quail eggs so they'll be my babies lol. well ill keep checking thanks everyone... Yeah with number two I dont wanna crack it open and kill a possible still alive baby then I would feel HORRIBLE.. All I can do is try try and try again.. thanks everyone for the support.. Just gotta move on huh [​IMG]

10. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane 8 Years

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone guarantee that 100% of their shipped eggs would hatch. They might guarantee you all fertile eggs, which is definitely different. And if they actually guaranteed you 100% hatch rate, please direct me to them because they clearly need some educating.

One and three look clear to me. At day 11, they should be *very* obviously darkening and you should very easily be able to see veins. Heck, I can see the veins by day 5 usually. If you see #2 moving, then it may be alive but it looks 'behind' where it should be to me.

EDIT: Oh, and don't be afraid to buy from eBay. I've gotten some nice eggs from there, but some people have off days. Just make sure you do your homework on the seller before buying next time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: