Are these females Blue Silver Orange or Blue Partridge?

orangesplash

Songster
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
i am posting a video of BSO brahma. are the 2 females in the video Blue partridge or BSO?

The Male is blue silver Orange, but i think the females are blue partridge. am I right?

The video is on the above link.

This is a new color variety to me, but it seems like it is similar to blue golden duck wing, with the addition of crescentic penciling genes. If that is correct, then I think you are right and the hens are blue partridge and not blue silver orange. My reasoning is that blue silver duckwing hens do not have gold in their hackles but should have be white or pale golden in that area, not the rich gold that those hens have in their hackles.

Those in your video are magnificent birds.

Thank you so much for all the details.
thank you very much.

I am attaching videos of crele cuckoo Brahma videos of parents and chicks,please if you can also comment on them:-
Chicks

Parents

You are welcome, but you definitely need more opinions than mine. I may be operating on faulty logic by drawing a parallel between the blue golden duck wings and the blue orange silver pattern of the Brahma.

I think you might get more and better answers to these types of posts in the genetics/exhibition/breeding to the standard forum, here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/exhibition-genetics-breeding-to-the-sop.16188/

If anyone would know, the folks that frequent that forum would.

They do look just like my blue and gold partridge Brahma hens. Though this is still a blue color variant and maybe it acts the same genetically? It’s interesting! I mean you get a higher percent of blues when mating a blue to a gold maybe a blue or gold hen is one half of the puzzle to reach his coloring? I hope you find out.

You are welcome, but you definitely need more opinions than mine. I may be operating on faulty logic by drawing a parallel between the blue golden duck wings and the blue orange silver pattern of the Brahma.

I think you might get more and better answers to these types of posts in the genetics/exhibition/breeding to the standard forum, here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/exhibition-genetics-breeding-to-the-sop.16188/

If anyone would know, the folks that frequent that forum would.
thanks Jackson, i will definitely post this there :)

Back
Top Bottom