Are these flees? I have never seen this

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by milkiewiczj, Sep 14, 2014.

1. milkiewiczj

milkiewiczj Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2014
    I was watching over the chickens yesterday because we just got a rooster. I noticed these little eggs on the netting on top of their yard. What are these? Flees? I have never seen them before. How do I get rid of them if they are flees? The chickens are always free ranging so they are never in their yard, I just put them in there so the rooster will get used to them and so he knows where home is. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I don't believe those are fleas. Maybe some one else will come along who will know what they are. [​IMG]

3. mbrock

mbrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2014
    Sw Fla
    They look to be eggs from snails. If they are you can dunk them in soapy water. [​IMG]

4. milkiewiczj

May 20, 2014
    will the "eggs" do any harm to the chickens?

5. mbrock

mbrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2014
    Sw Fla
    If they are snail eggs they won't do any harm. After looking again I'm not one hundred 100% sure. To be safe I would remove them. Have you seen any activate around them.

6. milkiewiczj

May 20, 2014
    I really just noticed them because the hens are always free ranging. I never keep them in their yard anymore. I will try removing them though to be sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by