Are these Hens??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by starlabird, Jun 8, 2010.

1. starlabird

starlabird New Egg

Jun 4, 2010
    Hello,

I'm posting some photos of some of the other 11 week old chickens I have since I'm now paranoid that there could be other rooster mistakes that were sent in my order.

First up:

Easter Egger Gwen. She is so light colored that it's tough to see her feathers individually. I've looked around for pointy saddle feathers but from what I can tell they look rounded. Do all roosters have a mix of colors/flashy feather patterns? She seems to have a red/pinker color comb but that maybe just her flesh tone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger Clementine. She is also a very consistently patterned bird, not flashy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have two Silver Laced Wyandottes
    The one in the foreground is Sylvia and the one behind her is Edith
    [​IMG]
    Sylvia has larger and redder waddles and comb. Maybe she just developed faster than Edith?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edith
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last but not least my 3 Silkies (all supposed to be hens): Olive (black), Chloe (white or buff), Matilda (red)
    They are all the same age but Chloe has been a slow grower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for looking and I'd love to hear back if you think any of these suspects may be a rooster. I have two roosters that I'm trying to find a new home for so
    if there are any others I'd like to know now.

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    [​IMG]

the only one that screams roo is the one EE in the back of this pic

3. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't comment on the silkies, but he EE's and SLW's look like pullets to me [​IMG]

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    I think all are girls.Not 100% for Silvia and Silkies but 90%.I think you know 2 birds with Clementine are boys?

5. SugarDuck

SugarDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Lamar, AR.
    I'm positive that your SLW's and the (what looks like to me) White Leghorns are all female. I have the sames ones myself just a bit older. I have 5 EE hens that look a whole lot like yours and then again not so much like some. The SLW's though to me are definitely hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by