Are these light brahmas Roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jdmramon, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jdmramon

jdmramon New Egg

Jan 18, 2011
    I bought these chickens as bitties in april and have been waiting for them to start laying eggs,but instead of eggs I got
    loud crowing that sounds like a child is screaming. Are any of these hens or are they all roosters?

thank you for your help

2. yep, 2 light brahma roos

3. ChickasaurusRex

ChickasaurusRex Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    SF Bay
    Roos

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

5. jdmramon

jdmramon New Egg

Jan 18, 2011
    both people have said roos times 2 does that mean that the third one is a hen or did you just see two of them.
    the only difference I can tell is in the tail feathers some are all dark black and green and one has white surrounding them.

So I guess what I am asking is are there two roos and 1 hen or three roos

6. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    It means they are agreeing with the previous post, or the post they quoted. If I were to quote magicpigeon, I'd say "x3," and so forth, [​IMG]

Both birds are roosters.

7. jdmramon

jdmramon New Egg

Jan 18, 2011
    thank you for your confirmation. the lady I bought the chicks from told me if a lot of them turn out to be roos she will take them back and trade
    hens for them but once I was able to get in contact with her, she now does not remember saying that and wont honor her word if she did say
    it oh well I guess thats what you get for dealing with a farmer instead of a reputable business.

8. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:Most farmers are very honest and more reputable than most "reputable" businesses. Most businesses that would sell you chicks can't tell an "Americana" from an Ameraucana or a "New Jersey Giant" from a Jersey Giant. I'm sorry you had bad dealings with one individual but don't malign the rest of a hard working group of folks for the actions of one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by