Are These Light Brahmas??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickie Mamma, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    We got some eggs from a local farmer last year and was from a mixed flock. After looking at many different pictures to figure out what they were, we think Light Brahmas. Are we Right?? [​IMG]
    This is Frank and Elizabeth ( kids named them) Its Francine and Elizabeth now [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Lucky.. Buff Orphington??
    [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

they could possibly be lt. brahmas. What type of comb do they have, a pea comb?

The one on the bottom might be a buff orp.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  3. Wood's Farm

Wood's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Running Springs, CA
    They have alot of dark feathers on there wings and back, they might have some dark brahma in them as well. Could be a Light/Dark cross. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

4. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    oooh, I'll see if I can get a pic of thier combs. Pea comb?? Sorry, I am not that experienced yet. [​IMG]

5. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I would say light brahma cross. Normally the back and sides are white not flecked like yours are.

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:Ditto... I think they might be a cross, too.
    [​IMG]

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Here are some more pics of their combs and feathering.
    Hope this helps...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Wood's Farm :

They have alot of dark feathers on there wings and back, they might have some dark brahma in them as well. Could be a Light/Dark cross. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

This was my first thought as well, due to the pencilling. (Light/Dark Cross). Or, they could just be hatchery strain Lights, as they tend to have more black than the standard calls for.​

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    OOps, I erased the pics... Thanks for the suggestions. They are great hens!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by