Are these little ladies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wrestling_mom, Oct 1, 2011.

1. wrestling_mom

wrestling_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know we definitely have one rooster, but these "gals" should have been laying by now.

2. Roy Rooster

Roy Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    You have some beautiful birds. How old are they? Might help in being able to tell if they
    are ladies or gents. [​IMG]

3. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    In the second photo the big guy in the middle is a roo...I'm guessing that is the one rooster you were referring to. [​IMG] All the rest look like hens to me. Most actually look like red sex-link hens to me. How old are they? Some of my hens have laid as young as 4 months, but most seem to wait until closer to 6 months. They look nice and healthy though. I'm sure they will lay for you soon. [​IMG] How's your weather been? Really hot temps or a lot of rain sometimes slows my girls down.

4. wrestling_mom

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    Thank you!!!! I love them, even if I am afraid to pick them up, lol. I go in and talk to them every day, 4 or 5 times. LOL, one even gave my husband the stinkeye today, lol, it was GREAT!!! Definitely, that big guyis our rooster. He is about a year old, maybe a year and a half. The birds are two ages, the bigger were born March 27 or 28th, and the smaller in June. We also have an older hen, "Wattles". She is Mr Roo's wife, lol.

5. wrestling_mom

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    Quote:It's been rainy the last week, now it is colder and windy.

6. Roy Rooster

Roy Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    I agree with the other posters, looks like a bunch of ladies to me. Your roo is really pretty, he seems
    to be really fond of the ladies too. your birds are beautiful!!

7. wrestling_mom

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    LOL LOL LOL, imagine my suprise [​IMG] yesterday when two of the hens started crowing. Explains why they were not impressed with the egg pep talk a month ago, lol.[​IMG]

8. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Wow! the only one that I though could possibly be a Roo was the very first picture of the white one based on the big ole legs, LOL so which two of the ladies started to crow?

9. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I looked through the pics and I saw two roosters, the 1st and 2nd pics both show roosters. A leghorn and a guy with a frost bitten comb.

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:which ones? they all look like hens...i have heard that hens can crow to...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by