Are these Millle Fleurs Roo's???

crowcreek

Songster
6 Years
Jul 20, 2013
I go these Booted Bantams and they are between four and five months. They have never crowed and are very quiet and sweet. No crow, no curved tail feathers but those combs have me worried. I really don't want a Roo!!!!

Oh wait these must be bearded d'uccles? I will try to get some better pictures.

I think the one in the back of the picture is a male and the other is a female only because the front one doesn't look like it has the waddles like the one in the back. Female chickens can have larger combs too. One of mine has a comb as big as our last rooster that we had.

Thank you animal lover. I was thinking the same thing. The people I got them from think they are pullets but even though at around five months they have not crowed I am not sure. If it is a Roo it had better be a sweet one or he would have to go back. I have Roo fear
1f62c.png
and absolutely can't handle an agressive one.
They are bearded and not booted bantam
Type, right?

Yes, they can be bearded or non bearded. Sometimes roosters can be really friendly or the opposite it depends on the chicken. My silkie rooster is really friendly but doesn't like to be held though.

I am fine with not holding but just don't want to be watching my back and worrying about getting attached!
Isn't it weird that there has been no crowing yet?

Mille fleur d'ccle roosters are pretty nice. I have a pair, and the male is easy going. That is definitely a rooster in back. The one in front is a pullet. She should develop more speckling later.

Oh I hope you are right. I want at least one pullet. Gotta have some of those cute little eggs. So far he is very laid back and a little shy. I hope he stays that way!!!

Back
Top Bottom