are these ones in usa ,somebody have those in usa

maralpz2006

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 21, 2007
mississippi
old polish crested chickens , i would love to have some of these chicken, but i haven`t see in usa , if somebody knows where i can get them please let me know

There are many people in the US with Polish chickens. Maybe somebody who raises them will chime in here. You may want to include the breed name in your subject line to catch their attention.

I'm not sure what you are talking about there, but we have the bantams in several colors. You may wany to check the Polish Breeder's club. But never heard of "Old Polish"

Good luck

go to featersite for more details
smile.png

I am from East Europe and have to say that what Feathersite has listed as Old Polish Crested Hens and Posavska(Posavina)Crested Hens are nothing but mutts.There use to be Old crested chickens but no breed . In the birds shown at Feathersite the only old genetic part is the crest. THe rest of the birds is/are Plimout Rocks,Rhode Island and New Hampshire,a little Leghorn too. You can create these birds easy using Rock,Orpington,New Hampshire and Polish for the crest.

Wow... I can see why your saying they're mutts... Is this kinda like the whole EE thing, or is there supposed to be some sort of uniformity to the "old polish" breed?

Last edited:
they are a barnyard breed. similar to a working class dog or horse, there's a looseknit group of similar traits they all share that makes them a breed but probably not anything as concrete as a show standard. afterall, an alternate name listed basically means "Polish courtyard hen" - courtyard isn't too far from barnyard
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom