are these ones in usa ,somebody have those in usa

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by maralpz2006, Dec 15, 2009.

1. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    old polish crested chickens , i would love to have some of these chicken, but i haven`t see in usa , if somebody knows where i can get them please let me know

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    There are many people in the US with Polish chickens. Maybe somebody who raises them will chime in here. You may want to include the breed name in your subject line to catch their attention.

3. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    well there are not the regular polish , there are bigger and the top is not that big ,

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I'm not sure what you are talking about there, but we have the bantams in several colors. You may wany to check the Polish Breeder's club. But never heard of "Old Polish"

Good luck

5. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I googled it and nothing came up, is there any chance you mean other crested breeds like maybe spitzhauben, or brabanter?

6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    go to featersite for more details [​IMG]

7. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    I am from East Europe and have to say that what Feathersite has listed as Old Polish Crested Hens and Posavska(Posavina)Crested Hens are nothing but mutts.There use to be Old crested chickens but no breed . In the birds shown at Feathersite the only old genetic part is the crest. THe rest of the birds is/are Plimout Rocks,Rhode Island and New Hampshire,a little Leghorn too. You can create these birds easy using Rock,Orpington,New Hampshire and Polish for the crest.

8. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Wow... I can see why your saying they're mutts... Is this kinda like the whole EE thing, or is there supposed to be some sort of uniformity to the "old polish" breed?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  9. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    they are a barnyard breed. similar to a working class dog or horse, there's a looseknit group of similar traits they all share that makes them a breed but probably not anything as concrete as a show standard. afterall, an alternate name listed basically means "Polish courtyard hen" - courtyard isn't too far from barnyard [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by