Are these really "Blue Orphingtons"

Karen09

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Wyoming, New York
Ealier this summer I was sold 10 blue orphingtons. My sister-in-law went with me and she took 4 of them and I took the other 6. Their colors as babies seemed the right color. My six got eaten by fox and coons and long story short, that problem has been almost eliminated (the coons have been taken care of and the fox doesn't like our lab so stays out of the yard). My sister-in-law could not keep a rooster (husband said so) so I got the rooster and a hen. Here are their pictures: Is he a splash and her a blue? Or did the guy mix buff orphingtons in with them.
Rooster:
35420_dsc00575.jpg
35420_dsc00568.jpg

Hen:
35420_dsc00574.jpg

The rooster has yellowish/pinkish legs and feet while the hen has slate. Is that normal?
Thank you for the help!

I don't see anything Orpington type and the pictures are pretty small to get a very good guess. If the roo has alot of white on his chest, then he has to be a mix or cross of some sort.

If it was me, I would start all over and get some REAL Blue Orpingtons.

Thank you - that is what I figured. They are still pretty birds - and they are very nice. Maybe next year I will try again. Here is a bigger picture of the rooster:
35420_dsc00572.jpg

Back
Top Bottom