Are these Rhodebar chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by liveTHEdream, Feb 6, 2014.

1. liveTHEdream

liveTHEdream New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    I bought some eggs off ebay and I wasn't impressed with the quality, shipping, etc of the eggs. Now the chicks have hatched and I'm questioning whether these were actually Rhodebars or not. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]The one has all the coloring of a female but it has a bright white dot on it's head. You can see it in the top picture. 2 of the chicks are very yellow, the 3rd had some reddish coloring. These don't look anything like the last Rhodebars I hatched. What do you think?

2. flowerfaeiry

flowerfaeiry Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    Onancock, VA
    I just hatched out two rhodebars and they look similar to yours. One is darkening with a stripe the more it dries and fluffs but the other is very light. Neither has the chipmunk stripes like the legbars. I'll get pics when they fluff up.

3. flowerfaeiry

flowerfaeiry Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    Onancock, VA
    [​IMG]
    they are pretty tiny compared to the BL, but it looks like one boy and one girl to me.

4. RedRidge

RedRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    TN
    I don't believe these are pure Rhodebar

5. They don't look any like my rhodebar chicks. They have to pale of a color compared to mine and the darker ones(if males) do not have the chipmunk stripe. Did you get these from a backyard flock or a serious breeder?

6. MrHodari

MrHodari Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2014
    Detroit, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    These are my 3 female Rhodebar chicks... The striping is distinct from hatching

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by