Are these roosters?

psychosidney87

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2016
I started out with 18 chickens, 4 of which were Americauna. I gained 4 more chickens from my dad. I lost 3 due to an animal killing them. We were quite sure they were hens. Then my "quite sure" Americauna rooster began to try to crow and flew the coop...causing an animal to eat him. So i have two chickens now (amongst the now 18) that we r debating if they are roosters bc they act like hens. Could someone help plz!?!

We are almost certain this red beauty is a hen but my dad thinks we r wrong lol.

How old are they? That would help us a lot.

With the tail feathers curling down and the color and size of the comb and especially wattles and heavy legs, the white one is male.

I agree on the red and black EE. With that one it’s posture, body shape, and those legs look heavy. Heavy legs is a male thing. Cockerel.

For the red one at the bottom, I’d need a body shot, showing legs and posture. With that photo I just don’t know.

4-5 months. The one you confirmed as rooster is 5 months but doesn't crow or fly out of coop like his deceased brother did. The red one pictured last is 5 months as well. The white one is 4 months. My dad has its brother (he was being mean so i gave him back, attacking me.) and he tries to crow.

Back
Top Bottom