1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are these Thai? Boys or girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by racuda, Nov 14, 2010.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    These are now 3 months old and hopefully old enough now to determine breed and gender. I'm thinking they are mixed, but mostly Thai blood. What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I'd say mostly Thai blood, top and bottom look like stags.. I'd say the center picture is a pullet.

-Daniel

3. EricH

EricH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Valley Springs, ca
    well number 2 probably only looks like a pullet because its not standing erect. look at those tail feathers... i'd say theyre all male...

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Plumage coloration looks female to me too, which usually is 100% way to tell.. Unless it is hen feathered, which is very possible. Still think it is a she though.

-Daniel

5. Tropical Chook

Tropical Chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    I agree, mostly Thai blood. I would also say the first and last ones are stags, while No.2 is a pullet. I do notice those tail feathers though, but the pic is not clear enough to tell whether they're pointed or not.

BTW, I only keep Thais [​IMG] I'd love to post some pics of all mine but I can't seem to use any of the USB ports on my PC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by