Are these true Ameraucana's????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wild Chicken, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Wild Chicken

Wild Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    West Michigan
    We are getting ready to try to hatch some eggs and were wondering if these are true Ameraucana's? They were sold to us as such, but you know how that goes [​IMG] We are thinking of selling hatching eggs and don't want to mislead our customers.

This is Fabio.......
    [​IMG]

And this is Lucy......
    [​IMG]

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    No Hun, they are ee's. You should be able to get some wild colors out of them though.

3. Wild Chicken

Wild Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    West Michigan
    That's what I was afraid of.......oh well: [​IMG]l. We have 2 hens and they are awesome layers and they lay HUGE eggs.

Now I know to sell them as EE's[​IMG]!! Thanks so much!! You guys are always such a big help!!!

Amy

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful EE's. Good luck with your hatch!

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Your roo looks so much like my little bantam EE roo I got a few weeks ago. Aren't they just stunning birds!!!!

6. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I wish they would just sell the Americanas as EE's - people get confused between Americanas and Amercaunas. I know I did at first. Easy to miss the different spellings.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  7. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    Technically Amerauanas have beards, or muffs, and very little or no wattles. There are blacks, blues, blue wjeaten, brown red, buff, silver, wheaten and white... according to the AS of P.

8. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    Even as EE's, you won't have any trouble selling them. I had 5 -8 wk pullets and sold them with in 1 hour of posting them on craigs list. They are so pretty![​IMG]

9. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    My EE Rooster looks like a brother to yours!! Mine used to have the nice tail feathers but some of my hens have been picking them out. I too at first thought I was getting true Ameracaunas but have learned that they are Easter Eggers. I love them they are really easy going birds. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Fun!

Easter Eggers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by