are these true red golden females....or hybrids

the red golden males were given to me for free because they actually had 5 males and 5 females and they sold all the females and one male and had left four males so they wanted a home....i do agree with you about the f1 and all that stuff alot of stuff on the market is mixed....what do you think the males are mixed with....do you have any pure stock...and are people out there just selling mixed stuff and just saying its pure....is the yellow golden i have a pure one

Last edited:
If you are happy with your birds that's all that matters.Most red goldens usually get crossed with Amherst because the hens are so similar.But now a days everything is crossed to get pretty colors,and never mind the purity of the birds.They think they will get rich if they invent a new breed.Never gonna happen.The ones that pay the price is the birds and guys that want to raise pure birds.
I do have lots of young red golden,yellow golden and lewis silver chicks.I have never checked the pureity of any of them as I have a home to run.I am satisfied with the stock I have.You can see my collection list at the bottom of my postings. I have a friend that raises the commons such as red golden,yellow golden,amherst,silvers,and reeves.He sells all his chicks to me at 1-2 weeks old,I grow them out and sell them off.We both try to let the hens set on their own eggs but some are just stubborn and will not set,so the incubators work just fine.I have about 80 young birds available now.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom