Are these two 5wk ols Japanese Bantams??? What sex are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ESofVA, Nov 9, 2012.

1. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I have two what I think may be Japanese Bantams. One is buff with black and the other is more black with silver down its neck. I have neber seen those bars in its wings until I saw them in this picture. What color is that???
    I am also pretty sure the black/gray is a roo. I don't know what the comb difference as they are growing. So, is the buff another roo or is it a pullet? Its comb is smaller but it is still quite large I think. The darker chick is a bit larger. They both stand and look like the buff just a different color, comb size and body size.
    Please help!!. I am thinking of keeping them.

The pics are blurred but maybe you can still see well enough. It is too cold to take them outside to take better pics than I can get in the garage due to lighting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they look like japs and both are cockerels

3. Mattlime

Mattlime Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    The are both cockerels they are so cute...

4. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I gave the buff one away today and want to find a hen or two later to go with the blue one. Blue??? or is it going to be black? It seems to have a lot of silver showing up.

5. Smoochie

Smoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    Looks gray.

6. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    Gray..that is the color I saw that they come in...not blue. I just couldn't remember if it was blue or gray. At 6 weeks it looks like the feathers on its breast are edged with a pale gray or white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by