Are these two OEGB both cockerels or is one a pullet?

dianneS

Songster
Mar 16, 2009
South Central PA
They are around 20 weeks, I think. Please say one is a pullet!! I doubt it though, I think they are both little roos. I thought all along I had one of each and now all of a sudden the second one is starting to look more like a little rooster!
barnie.gif

This guy is crowing, so I know he's a roo...
25203_chickens_020.jpg

This one is now fighting with the crowing one, and starting to look like a roo too! It really looked like a hen up until now!
he.gif
I really needed a hen! I just had one drown in the rain a few weeks ago, and that one was probably a pullet!
25203_chickens_025.jpg

What color would you say they are? I'm having trouble figuring that out too. I got these as chicks from a lady who knew nothing about them. Apparently they are not pure OE's either, they have rosecombs, I'm trying to figure out what they might be mixed with.

Last edited:
They might be a pair but there not OEGB's .
OEGB's don't have rose combs. They only come single comb.. Could be a OEGB crossed withe something else..

Chris

I've been wondering if they were really OEGB! The lady I got them from claimed that they were, and they were only 4 weeks old, so I really questioned whether she knew what she was talking about. I posted photos of them on here when they were tiny, and everyone confirmed that they were OEGBs.

I don't think they are cross breeds though. She got them as part of a straight run assortment from a hatchery, all pure breeds. I figured that she guessed they were OEGB's by process of elimination, you know, if that was the only breed on the assortment list of possibilities that these chicks fit the description. She got rid of them because they were so tiny they could fit through the holes in her pen! They were like little bumble bees! They had chipmonk stripes too.

Here is a better shot of the one in question's tail. (Well now they're both in question, their breed anyway!)

25203_chickens_027.jpg

Last edited:
She got them as part of a straight run assortment from a hatchery, all pure breeds

With hatchery stock sometimes they are pure bread as to being a bantam and not pure bread as to breed so they (could) have a rose comb rooster (the breed rose comb) in with a pen of OEGB hens or a Rhode Island Red rooster in a pen with New Hampshire hens. They all will be pure bread as to being a bantam BUT not pure bread as too breed...

Chris​

barnie.gif
I'll try and contact that woman and find out what hatchery they came from. Do you think they could be a Rosecomb bantam and OE cross?

Last edited:
It could be possible. I was using the breeds that I posted as a example but they could be a Rosecomb bantam and OE cross.. Anything is possible..
wink.png

Chris

Quote:
I sure hope the second is a girl, that would be great!

I just emailed the lady I got them from so I could find out the hatchery and any other details, so I could get a better idea of what they could be.

Back
Top Bottom