Are these two the same or not?

tbitt

Songster
Apr 28, 2011
IL
AND...what the heck are they?

They come from Townline Hatchery.

When I contacted them (sent pictures) this is what I got back.

Quote: So.... with the above reply...What can these be??!?!?

This is the bigger of the two - has a bigger comb

The wings are different:

As you can also see in the below picture, they have a bit differant feathering colors

The tops of their heads are different, as well as the neck feathering...:

And a short video (is that a beginning of a crow I hear?):
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z244/TBitt/Chickens/Bantams/?action=view&current=DSCF4705.mp4

Well, what ever they are, looks like you have a pair of them. Congrats ??
wink.png

Could the differences just be sexual differentiation?

Last edited:
Well if one is a pullet I will be happy....
wink.png

I really do think the one is a Roo... That is the one making the noise in the video....

Tbitt, they look like the same breed, maybe just came from different parents. Like the difference you see in the EEs?
I don't want to mess with with my internet connection to much by trying to get your video to load :p , but if your hearing something that sounds like the chick needs to do a shot of WD40 .. then you have yourself a roo!

It is so funny, the noise it makes sounds like a chordal, but the way it moved while doing is looks so much like a roo crowing. It is rather funny looking in a a bird so small!

A speckled Sussex pair. Yep, that's a crow.
Thanks for the suggestion Nicole, but that breed is not on the list that Townline sent me (list posted at the top of post #1).
This is a tad bit frustrating....

Too cute! I've never seen such a young lad trying to crow before.

He is about 4 weeks old. I had pulled him and the other chicken from the group to separate them and he was upset. Maybe being so upset gave him the idea to crow. I don't know but I sure did giggle when he started doing it!

Back
Top Bottom