Are they beautiful or what? (My new MARANS EGGS!!)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L&Schickens, Jan 5, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I have been on several waiting lists for several months. I have paid for eggs that have not arrived yet. I have sold many things that I loved and regreted selling in order to have enough money for these "Golden" eggs, and now I FINALLY have some!!! [​IMG]
    Last night a "local" breeder let me know she had some BC and wheatons and blue Marans that I couls pick up today if I wanted. So I emptied my Pay pal account to her and had to go to the bank for the rest. I drove 2 1/2 hours today in order to get them, but I believe it was worth it!!
    Look at my wonderful eggs from Cree Farm!!
    http://creefarm.fateback.com

I took several pictures and even some with my darkest Welsummers (They are off to the right one row empty between in the group shots) and I still can't seem to get the "Actual" color of these babies. They are just beautiful.
    Thanks Lisa and Gary!

[​IMG]

From left to right: Wheatons, Blue and 2 BC Marans, empty row then my Welsummers. The next box of 18 are all BC Marans
    [​IMG]

BC Marans
    [​IMG]

Wheatons and blues 2 BC and to the right my Wellies
    [​IMG]

in the incubator with some Kentucky Specks eggs (They have been in for 5 days now.)
    [​IMG]

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    WOW!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. Wow! Nice eggs! Good luck!

4. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    They look great! Good luck with your hatch, I think it was well worth the drive. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Those look great Congrats hope you get a 100% hatch [​IMG]

6. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    O me too. I hope they hatch and then all live long enough to pay for them selves at least!! [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They are gorgeous! Happy hatching to you! [​IMG]

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    they are beautiful! did you manage to snap any pics of the birds? How big were the parent birds? I hear some of the wheatens can be gigantic, and lay the best, biggest, darkest eggs.

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

They are gorgeous and I'm jealous!!!

10. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    WOW! Nice looking eggs! Congrats on the acquisition of those beauties!!! Keep us updated!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by