are they boys or girls or one of each?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chrisnjenny, Aug 24, 2014.

1. chrisnjenny

chrisnjenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    oklahoma
    I was told I had bought hens by the seller, now they are a lil bigger and im not so sure I bought them at the same time and well... you can see why I have doubts... this is matty. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. chrisnjenny

Jun 8, 2014
    oklahoma
    [​IMG]
    And this is molly

3. chrisnjenny

Jun 8, 2014
    oklahoma
    NY HELP IS APPRECIATED THANKS :)

4. Chickaddict82

Chickaddict82 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    Chickamauga, GA
    What breed and age are they? If they are black sexlinks they will mature fast. You may even get one that matures much faster than his/her hatchmates. Molly is clearly a lady and the other one could be as well. Can you post clearer pics of Matty's hackles, neck area, and tail?

5. chrisnjenny

Jun 8, 2014
    oklahoma
    I was told they lay green and blue eggs so I figured them for easter eggers I got them when they were stil baby, baby chicks but I was very new to chickens that was july 5 they were a few weeks then but im not sure exactly

6. Chickaddict82

Chickaddict82 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    Chickamauga, GA
    At 2 to three months old if they are Easter Eggers, which are mixed breeds usually, I think you have one of each. A male will have pointed hackle feathers and other chareacteristics. More pictures will help.

7. chrisnjenny

Jun 8, 2014
    oklahoma
    Okay ill definitely get some more tomorrow evening when I let them out to free rangeand play with the kids lol they are still little so they dont go very far, and I have an older sexlink they follow around as if she was mom (but shes not)

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like you have a male and female, but a side profile photo of the larger combed one could help be sure of this.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    For sure, the second bird is a pullet. But, I'm not sure on the first one. More photos would definitely help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by