are they dead?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvchikies, Jan 18, 2009.

1. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    I candled my eggs today and i couldn't see anything. I changed the batteries and then I saw more and some little movement Im on day 16th and I just want to know are they dying? because i've been having problems with them temp. it has reached 103.5 two times but I candled and they were moving but today I see less movement are they dying?

2. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    i wouldn't throw the eggs out. I've had my incubator reach 105 and still hatch. Be patient and wait until at least day 23 before throwing them out. Good luck.

3. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

The embryos start to fill up the shell alot more toward day 18 and that makes it harder to see anything.

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    After day 12ish it starts getting hard to see anything inside, at day 16 the egg should be full. somtimes if you look close up near the air sac you MIGHT see a little movement but if you dont no worries. Give them till at least day 24.

Good luck !!!!

5. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Quote:Yeah it does. I changed the batteries and it was a little help but it was still dark so I put it towards the air sac and I saw them moving! [​IMG] Thank you! and all of you THANKS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by