Are they EVER going to update their website?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by texas_chick, Feb 4, 2009.

1. texas_chick

texas_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    MPC and Meyer that is?
    I checked with Meyer last week to see when the site would be ready for ordering and they said 2 days. Here I am a week later and still nothing! [​IMG]
    I don't want to pre-order. I just want to place my order and be done with it!
    I finally settled on what I want and really all I want is 4 EEs.
    That's not much right? They should have plenty without pre-ordering, etc. [​IMG]
    I wish they would at least have an email notification system that just sends you an email when the online ordering becomes available so I don't have to check their site all the time - and then be disappointed...

2. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

why dont you see if anyone on here has any for sale? [​IMG]

you ARE on a chicken forum after all [​IMG]

tee hee...

3. texas_chick

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    Because I am just barely crawling through a deed restrictions chicken loophole [​IMG] and can only have 4 female chicks.
    Nobody will ship me just 4 other than those hatcheries. [​IMG]
    But if anybody on here has female EE chicks that either are in Central Texas or could safely get to Texas (heat pack, Express shipping, etc.) let me know!!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  4. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    texas chick where are you in Texas? I have some EE eggs in the bator right now and more going in soon. Not sure if I can be perfect on accurately sexing chicks, but can try. I plan on keeping a few since I want more EE hens. I am in South Texas just north of Victoria. The first set of eggs are due to hatch Feb 20th. And all the eggs are blue/green that I set. I don't ship though. Have to pick up.

5. HennysMom

Uhm.. well I dont see where buying from the hatchery or someone on here is any different regarding the laws, but... [​IMG] guess you could wait though - understand what you're saying as you need only females. I'm sure there are people on here that can sex a chick however.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help you [​IMG] if you cant get the hatchery to respond.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  6. texas_chick

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:LOL. No it doesn't change the laws. What I was trying to say is I have to buy from somebody that:
    a) has sexed chicks to be sure I have no rooster (so far I've only found straight run chicks locally)
    b) will sell me a small quantity and be able to ship them to me safely if they are not local.

So my limitations because of my deed restrictions don't mean I can't buy from a small breeder. It's just that I haven't found any private breeders that have sexed EE chicks in my area or outside of my area that can ship just a small amount of chicks. [​IMG]

7. HennysMom

[​IMG] I saw what you meant after you edited your post. ROFL!! So I edited MINE too... HA HA!

[​IMG]

8. texas_chick

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I am in Floresville! How far is that from Victoria?

9. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Floresville as in south of San Antonio? Gosh you are only about 2 hours west of me. I have a Hallettsville address, but really am south of there headed to Victoria. If you are interested just get back with me around the 20th and we will see what hatches! I am working on a mini website of sorts and need to get pics of my birds. My Easter Eggers are all from Ideal and they really are the sweetest hens we have in our flock at the moment.

10. texas_chick

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    We measure our driving time in TODDLER TIME! LOL
    I'll PM you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by