Are they full sized or bantam and do I have 1 or 2 Roos

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by love4mychicks, Aug 26, 2013.

1. love4mychicks

love4mychicks New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Hello!!! I'm new to this site and i love how much information there is and great feedback. So i just got 4 chicks from our local feed store and it said "barred rock" and I'm curiously wondering 2 things: are they full size BR or bantams and do I have 1 rooster or 2 in my group? The one larger one has the tail feathers starting to stick up, distinct white bar, seems to be the one in charge. I have another one a lil smaller not as distinct white bars nor tail feathers like the other one that stick straight up more like the other 2 that I'm pretty sure are hens and tail fathers pointed down. Please help with any information!! I think the are about 5/6 weeks. I'm about to add a couple brahma buff and Millie fleur d'uccle bantys to my mix so I'm hoping they are bantys to stay w the smaller size. I live on a Egg farm already of 3 separated flocks 2 of which have roosters in each and the others just alone. We got ours for my daughter, not sure who's they are now lol. Thanks for any advice

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Do they have pink and grey legs/ feet or yellow and grey legs/ feet? Hold one in your hand and take a picture so we can see how big the chicks are.

3. love4mychicks

love4mychicks New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    I will in the morning. It is 3am here. Let me see if I have better pics

4. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I understand that, its almost 6 am here. Getting the kiddos ready for the first day of school [​IMG]

5. love4mychicks

love4mychicks New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    The one on the left is smallest and think she has pink and gray feet the next one is the Roos I think his are really really gray....
    [​IMG]

6. love4mychicks

love4mychicks New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    But you can see my hand in comparison... 2 are very dainty and fit perfectly in palm of my hand the other one is a lil bigger but had characteristics to female. The rooster is huge compared. Ill post better picks in a couple hours. Thanks for the help.

7. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I want to say they are large fowl and not bantams. If they have pink and grey legs/feet they are cuckoo marans, if they have yellow and grey legs, feet they are barred rocks.

8. love4mychicks

love4mychicks New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    How would I tell if bantam in future

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by