Are They Having a Contest????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Oct 3, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I just had to show you all these eggs we got... they came out of the same nest LOL... I figure the girls were having a contest to see who could lay the biggest egg!!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    WOW!!

3. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    great eggs ive had some rather large ones the one neighbor who comes a visiting is always ohh thats gotta be a double yolker but they usually are not so tess in the famous word of my neighbor, thems gotta be double yolkers lol

4. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    LOL simplicity... usually all mine that size are doubles!!! and DH things they are trips or quads LOL... he must be dreaming [​IMG]

(by the way simplic... did you see ducky post??? LOL)

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Yea rub it in "mine are all double yolkers" " they must be having a contest" @#$%@ I'm not talking to anyone who has chickens laying eggs. Bragging is just wrong. There are some of us that aren't as lucky as some who have double yolkers and all that @#$%@%.

There now I feel much better. have a good day [​IMG]

6. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    We have a couple double yolkers, and the eggs are pretty massive. I wish I knew which hens were doing it. Whenever I hear a sound coming from the house, sounding like a bird had laid a boulder, I go running out. But it's almost always the rooster. And I don't think he's laying the eggs. [​IMG]

7. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    Quote:I sure did [​IMG]

8. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Yea rub it in "mine are all double yolkers" " they must be having a contest" @#$%@ I'm not talking to anyone who has chickens laying eggs. Bragging is just wrong. There are some of us that aren't as lucky as some who have double yolkers and all that @#$%@%.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hunny I was in your same shoes not to long ago... I guess that is why I am this way now LOL... I am still cussing my other 15 hens that are still not laying [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hang in there hun... you will get them soon!!!!! Thats what they kept telling me LOL.... Mine have been laying now for about a month and a half.​

9. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
  10. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by