are they loud all the time?

bensteph821

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Easton Pennsylvania
We ordered the cutest little guinea keets a few weeks ago, but went to buy some chickens And the lady had full grown hens..in a cage. They were LOUD! Very annoying. All I could think of Was these guys are going!! They are too loud. Are they always That loud? Or just certain reasons They Get loud?

:cool:There only loud if they see something or somebody they do not recognize:)
sad.png
big_smile.png
wink.png
hmm.png
tongue.png
lol.png
roll.png

Quote:
Buck Wheat, Buck Wheat, Buck Wheat,..... UM er Buck Wheat... LOL. Short answer is Yep. The females are the most vocal. Though I am finding that they quiet down some when they know their surroundings well. But the males will Chi Chi Chi if they see something they don't understand. Females do it as well.

They are quieter when they roam about cleaning up bugs and stuff. But part of their draw is they are like walking burglar alarms. The other plus side is they shut up at night. yay.... My coop is about thirty feet from my bedroom door......
gig.gif
lau.gif
I have Forty+-.... thirty Tweenagers and Eleven very young adults (they wont be laying eggs till the spring) Believe me when I go in the poultry house I cant hold a conversation at first. But once I sit in my chair and get out the millet..... the silence is almost like a vacuum.
lau.gif
Till someone looks up and sees a bird fly over.... Chi Chi Chi....
gig.gif

Believe me they grow on you. I have eighteen acres and there is BLM land across my neighbors twenty acres.

Mine are loud also when someone or something distrubs them. They are not fond of strangers and the best to let you know there is a snake or someone in your drive. You cant talk in the coop when most of mine are in tehre if they dont know you. My Grandson was here 2 weeks and man did they ever make the racket...You either love them or dont...I love mine just hatched out 23...

Ok..I guess we will keep them and see how it goes:lol:..we went to someones house to get chickens and these grown guineas were sooooo loud I couldnt believe it!! Thanks for your input..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom