Are they maturer enough though?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TheTwoRoos, Sep 26, 2015.

1. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    I have two cockerals.Pretty smart.

I have been watching their tempers and how they react to things and lately they have been proving to me they can carer for those hens.

I was tackling a hen.And next thing I know,Foggy (Leghorn cockeral),comes running and cackling!Coming to save the gal.Zues is beginning to try to mate even!I'm wondering if they are getting this from Joe a 5 year old rooster.

Oh and also,will they begin having conflicts bewteen the three of them now that they are maturing?
    And are these cockerals mature "enough" to take their leadership?

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Since they were raised together, they are unlikely to fight. You shouldn't have a lot of problems.

They most likely will remain submissive roosters, if you already have a 5 year old male. Cockerels raised around an older, dominant male don't tend to challenge his leadership unless they get much larger than him or he becomes sickly.

3. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    they are likely gonan be larger then him...

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Ah, but as i keep telling my wife - "size isn't everything" [​IMG] - my dominant hen is smaller than most of the other flock - its about attitude, not size (ever seen a Jack Russell back down from a big dog?)

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by