Are they nice or are they mean???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Silkie Chicken, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Silkie Chicken

Silkie Chicken King Silkie

Feb 22, 2012
    I am buying some breeds of chickens and ducks, and i am wanting to know if the breeds i am getting will get along and are they going to get along or is the breed born docile. Here are the breeds of chickens i will be getting Salmon Favorelles, Mille Fleur D'uccles, white crested black polish, Silkies, Easter Eggers, White Cochin, Blue Cochin, Partridge Cochin. Please tell me if those breeds will get along if being raised together and are they docile or born docile. These are the ducks, they will be in a seperate coop from the chickens so will theses two breeds of chickens get along and are they born docile or pretty docile. They are Swedish Ducks, and Rouen Ducks. Please answer they same questions about them too.

Thanks so, much!!!!
    ~Silkie Chicken

2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    as for the chickens i think all of those breeds are naturally friendly and docile. i would think they would get along fine...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  3. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    Ok Thanks so much and anyone else want to answer?

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I agree

5. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    Thanks so much everyone for your help!!! welp I guess now everyone can say hello to my new next spring flock that i will be buying lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by