Are they practicing?

Sunyoung

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 25, 2011
Oregon
I have three Delaware pullets that are 25 weeks old now. Two have just started to squat in the past week, but no eggs yet. I put their nestbox in the coop a little over 3 weeks ago and they have ignored it until a few days ago. Yesterday and today, I've found poop in the nestbox when I got off work (roughly around 1:30 - 2 in the afternoon) and checked (in hopes of eggs). Are they just finding this a wonderful place to start pooping in? Or are they laying in the nestbox as practice and just happen to poop too?

I have three Delaware pullets that are 25 weeks old now. Two have just started to squat in the past week, but no eggs yet. I put their nestbox in the coop a little over 3 weeks ago and they have ignored it until a few days ago. Yesterday and today, I've found poop in the nestbox when I got off work (roughly around 1:30 - 2 in the afternoon) and checked (in hopes of eggs). Are they just finding this a wonderful place to start pooping in? Or are they laying in the nestbox as practice and just happen to poop too?

I think they're getting the urge. Do they squatt when you pet them? That's also a sign.

I think they're getting the urge. Do they squatt when you pet them? That's also a sign.

Two of the three are squatting. The first started almost exactly a week ago and the second started a couple days after the first. They were kind of awkward looking squats at first too...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom